What happens, when more than 6'000 creative minds, change makers and leaders meet over 3 days in Montréal für inspiring talks, collaborative sessions and experimental learning? Our collaboration partner C2-Montréal held his yearly gathering between May 22-24.
In a remarkable intro speech, Sébastien Bazin, CEO of hospitality juggernaut AccorHotels, shared recommendation to "old economy" leaders: “Totally demolish your organization, the makers of the new economy want nothing to do with the old structures of power. They expect to have an impact as soon as they walk through the door. Make sure you give them that chance, because “transformation will never, ever end.”
More quotes we took away which inspire our creating the program for GENNEX 2018 in September.
- Surround yourself with people that are better than you. (Snoop Dogg)
- The future is not about programming robots, but the actual matter. (Skylar Tibbits, MIT)
- Nurture a culture of confusion tolerance and be in service of the trajectory of the idea, not the eagle that lands it. (Dave Zaboski, Disney).
- Farmers tell the best story. (David Jones, The Furrow's).
- Stop talking about yourself.
- If you are going to do VR, think in VR. (Jessica Lauretti, RYOT)
- Just because you can build a tool doesn’t mean you should. (Chelsea Manning, America's most famous whistleblower)
- It is not about what AI could do but what AI should do. (Jean-Francois Gagné, Elements AI)
- We need to think wider - not just deeper. (Jean-Francois Bouchard, C2)
- What is the most important thing if you want to drive a car really fast? Good breaks. (Slim Sikkurt, REpublic of Estonia - about Digital Citizens and Cybersecurity)